Wednesday, October 17, 2012

High and Low

I have spoken about art before, my affinity for it. One thing I love is the absurd. Eccentric things. Black Metal being one of them. It is so alone. So still. Yet at the same time being a concussive wall of brilliant lo-fi hatred.
Another thing I love is Andy. Warhol that is. In grade four I did a report on him for my G.A.T.E. after school program (That stands for "gifted and talented education." Yeah, I was pretentious from the get go.) My parents even took me to the SFMOMA because they had a special exhibit on him. Come to think of it, I think that was when my love affair with modern art, especially abstract expressionism began. I distinctly remember a brilliantly oversized canvas that was entirely black save a thin red line near the bottom. I digress. I really want this shirt so much. SO MUCH. Yet it has been discontinued and is now being sold at an exorbitant price. Alas, I fear it was not meant to be. So instead, I think I shall just settle for a framed print one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment